Creative Review reports on a presentation from Pentagram’s Michael Bierut about a wonderful series library projects he contributed to as a part of The Library Initiative.
Bierut ended the talk by explaining what he had learnt on the project, which had evolved to be far more eclectic and involving than he’d first expected. Here are his five lessons learned…
1. Don’t be so darned clever. Don’t try and outsmart everyone, do something responsible.
2. The more power you give away, the more you get.
3. The real opportunity may not be part of your scope of work.
4. Consistency does not equal sameness.
5. The audience is more wonderful than you think. Keep thinking about them.